Thursday, October 8, 2009

knitting for a military project seminary wives association


I am posting a photo of a scarf that I just made. I will be donating it next week, but wanted to post a picture of it first since I know that some of you would never believe it without seeing it.
It all started with some beautiful soft yarn that was donated to the co-op and then to our SWA (seminary wives association) knitting group (some crochet and that's okay!)
We are working together on scarves, hats and mittens for a military project. These items will be sent with a chaplain to be given to children in Iraq.
Since I am very much a beginner at this, I am still in the scarf category. I only have to knit one way, back and forth in a straight line, no turning, nothing fancy. Another week or two, and I might try a hat.
We meet once a week to visit and work together. It is a great time of fellowship, and going to a good cause as well.
Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment