Sunday, March 7, 2010

Half way through the break - Mom speaks

I try to keep the blog updated with photos and kids activities, but I wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know how I am doing.
Don has been off school for one week now, and apparently that is enough boredom for him - he's been getting the garage and yard cleaned up and yesterday he organized the pantry. I LOVE IT!
One more week and he'll be back in class - (sigh)
He is looking forward to classes starting back up though, because he is learning so much. I hear him say over and over how brilliant the professors are.
The kids are spending this week rehearsing for the FANTASTICAL talent show at REDOLENCIA coffee shop in Ludington, MI.
We'll be there next Sunday, March 14th 1pm - please come and see us!
I'm in charge of videotaping the event and we will have DVD's available for sale a week after the live show.
I'm taking several classes at IPFW (Indian Univ. Purdue Univ. Fort Wayne). I just finished my last class of the week and now I'm on spring break too.
It's starting to feel like home here now, and everybody seems to be finding their place, even me...
>I've been asked to write an article with tips on how to manage a large homeschooling family for Fort Wayne Family magazine;
>I am being considered for a writing position at The Communicator (IPFW paper);
>I am making large posters with the words to "I am Jesus Little Lamb" for our church's deaconess to use in teaching the song to the Sunday School children;
>I was asked this morning to help with the summer's VBS program, so I've added that to our calendar
> Oh, and I almost forgot, I was nominated and elected to the position of Vice President for next years SWA (Seminary Wives Association) board.
I've always been happier staying busy, and we do have to keep a pretty strict schedule to get everything done, and sometimes I feel like I'm driving (literally, driving) around in circles dropping off and picking up to get everyone to and from all their activities.
Even though this upcoming week should be completely free, we've filled it with rehearsals so that we can participate in next weeks talent show. It seems that no one around here is able to just sit still for any length of time, and I suppose the blame begins with me.
We miss our family and friends back home, but we have been very blessed during our time here, and I am very grateful for all that God (through His faithful children) has done for us.
Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment